Tuesday, August 26, 2014

if/then

Kids have been tinkering with if/then statements for a couple of sessions.  First, the load a bare-bones sketch with a serial read where a potentiometer shuts on or off an output at a set threshold point.  In this case, I had them use a hobby motor.  Then, I told them to tweak the sketch by pulling out the motor and adding 20 LED's and let the threshold alternate which LED is on.  From there, I had them apply similar logic to getting a temperature sensor control output. 

I plan to do the same approach of apply structure, tweak, and tweak again to learning FOR statements.  After that, let them build whatever with the structures they've learned.  I

From there, it's time for phase 2:  assign roles/teamsfor our WEW project and get them going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment